一、語音知識（共 5 小題：每題 1.5 分，共 7.5 分）
在下列每組單詞中， 有一個單詞的劃線部分與其他單詞的劃線部分的讀音不同， 找出這
正確答案： 1、 A 2 、 C 3 、 A 4 、B 5 、D
【名師解析】這幾道題分別考察字母組合 ai, s, u y, tion 的發音。
二．詞匯與語法知識（共 15 小題；每題 1.5 分，共 22.5 分。）
6. What do you imagine the child uses this old tool _____ ?
A. about B. by C. for D. of
解析 C. use sth for ，表示用某物做某事
7.- Have you got a camera?
-No. I should buy.
A. it B. one C. that D. this
【名師解析】 B. 此題考察 it 和 one 的區別。 It 是特指某物，而 one 指的是一個 .
8. Peter was about to unlock the door _____ he found someone had broken into
A. once B. before C. than D. when
【名師解析】 D此題考察四個連詞的區別。根據詞義應該選 D when 這時，此刻。
9. The speaker, _____ for his speeches, was warmly received by the students.
A. known B. to be known C. having known D. being known
【名師解析】 A 此題考察分詞作定語，應該和所修飾詞找關系。 The speaker 應該是被
10. His ____ is so great that money doesn ’ t mean much to him.
A. idea B. richness C. health D. wealth
【名師解析】 D 此題考察四個選項的意思。 Ideas 是主意，想法。 richness 是富裕，
富有。 Health 是健康。 Wealth 是財富。 根據意思應該選 D。
11. My husband and I both go out to work, _____ we share housework at home.
A. for B. so C. yet D. or
【名師解析】 B 此題在考察學生連詞。 根據句意應該選 B。我和我的丈夫都在外邊工作，
12. -Would you like to go to the cinema with us tonight?
-_____, but I don ’ t think I can afford the time.
A. I ’d B. I ’ d better go C. I didn ’ t wan to D. I wouldn ’ t
【名師解析】 A 回答中的 but 說明前后句的意思是相反的。后句說我們有時間，所以前
13. It is recorded that in 1892 the weather became so cold that the river ____
A. freezes B. was freezing C. has frozen D. froze
【名師解析】 D 此題考察時態。很明顯 in 1892 出現了，應該是一般過去時。
14. The President gave the Secretary of State 30 days ____ the report.
A. completes B. to complete C. completing D. completed
【名師解析】 B. 此題考察動詞不定式 . 第一個動詞是 gave, 后邊應該加 to do 的形式。
15. -Who do you think has made my room so dirty, Mom?
-It ____ be your younger brother.
A. must B. shall C. will D. would
【名師解析】 A。此題考察情態動詞 must 表示猜測的意思，一定。
16. Hold on, please. I ’ll put you ____ to the manager.
A. across B. through C. off D. over
【名師解析】 B put through to sb 是個固定短語，接通某人的電話。
17. People were disturbed and began to see where the noise ___.
A. is coming B. was coming C. has come D. had come
【名師解析】 B 人們被打擾了，開始去看噪音是來自哪里的。
18. _____ in the letter did the young man say anything about his mistake.
A. Anywhere B. Everywhere C. Nowhere D. Somewhere
【名師解析】 C?？吹酱祟}是陳述句，但是 did 提前了，應該立刻想到倒裝，看選項能
19. The Greens chose to live ___ life was cheap, and they moved to a small town
A. if B. until C. when D. where
20. I wrote a letter to the car dealer, _____ what had happened to my net car.
A. explaining B. to explain C. explains D. explained
三．完形填空（共 15 小題：每題２分，共 30 分。）
Everyone likes things that are free, and businesses often give things for free
to customers as a way of getting more people to pay attention to their products.
Ariely, a scientist from MIT, did an experiment on what people would do when
_21_ things that were free. He _22_ a group of students two kinds of chocolates:
the good one for 15 cents each and the poor one for I cent each. The good chocolate
was worth ﹩ 1.00, so 15 cents was very cheap, _23_ the poor quality chocolate was
worth 5 cents, so _24_ it for I cent wasn ’ t very cheap.
Most people chose the high quality chocolate for 15 cents. That ’ s not a _25_.
But then Ariely lowered the _26_ of both pieces of chocolate by I cent. If people
were _27_ correctly, then they should _28_ choose the good quality chocolate. But
that _29_ what happened. Most people chose the free chocolate. This doesn ’ t make
sense in our _30_ way of understanding economic behavior( 經濟行為 ).
What is happening here? Ariely _31_ that people want to get a good bargain .
But they also want to reduce risk( 風險 ). That is, they want to _32_ the chance of
making a _33_. If you pay 14 cents for a piece of chocolate, and then you don ’ t
_34_ like it when you eat it, you have lost 14 cents. But when something is free
and you don ’ t like it, you haven ’ t lost anything. People would _35_ not to take
a risk over getting a better bargain.
21. A. facing B. buying C. giving D. treating
【名師解析】 A. 根據意思來選擇。 Ariely 做了一個實驗，關于當人們面對免費東西時
22. A. posted B. produced C. offered D. told
【名師解析】 C. 他給了一群學生兩種巧克力 .offer 表示提供，給。
23. A. if B. as C. for D. but
【名師解析】 D 根據此句話的意思：高質量的巧克力值﹩ 1.00 ，所以 15 分是非常便宜
的，下一句是低質量的值 5 分，所以兩句間應該是轉折關系，用 but.
24. A. getting B. holding C. eating D. making
【名師解析】 A. 這里的 getting 相當于 buying. 根據句意， 因此用一分錢買不是很便宜。
25. A. dream B. reason C. reply D. surprise
26. A. weight B. size C. price D. quality
【名師解析】 C。根據上下文，下文是降低了巧克力的價格。所以這里應該是 lower the
27. A. working B. thinking C. planning D. looking
【名師解析】 B. 如果人們正確的思考，他們仍然應該選擇高質量的巧克力。
28. A. still B. once C. almost D. even
【名師解析】 A。 still 仍然，還。符合題意。
29. A. should be B. shouldn ’ t be C. is D. isn ’ t
30. A. easy B. old C. normal D. modem
31. A. questioned B. explained C. agreed D.
【名師解析】 B。上文講到人們的行為不正常，所以 Ariely 對此進行了解釋…… .
而不是質疑 question, 或 agree 。
32. A. find B. leam C. lower D. take
33. A. decision B. mistake C. promise D. waming
【名師解析】 B。 make a mistake 是固定短語。
34. A. usually B. gradually C. certainly D.
35. A. start B. prefer C. manage D.
四．閱讀理解（共 15 小題：每題 3 分，共 45 分。）
Probably no other musical instrument( 樂器 ) is as popular around the world as
the guitar( 吉他 ). Almost every kind of music needs a guitar. Country and westem music
would not be the same without a guitar. The Spanish music called flamenco could not
exist without a guitar. The sound of American blues music would not be the same
without the sad cry of the guitar. And rock and roll music would almost be impossible
without this instrument.
People do not agree about where the guitar was first played, but most agree it
is very old. Somesay an instrument very much like a guitar was played in Egypt more
than one thousand years ago. Some others say that an old form of the modem guitar
was brought to Spain from Persia sometime in the 12 century. The guitar continued
to develop in Spain. In the 1700s it became similar to the instrument we know today.
Many famous musicians played the instrument. The famous musician Niccolo
Paganinni played and wrote music for the guitar in the early 1800s. Franz Schubert
used the guitar to write some of his famous works. In modem times Andres Segovia
helped make the instrument extremely popular.